Keebird

Share Your Decal Placement!

Salut!

Welcome to the first thread for the General Discussion section! I thought, to get us all started, we should share how we've used the in-game decal customization system! I'm going to lay down a few rules first:

• Nothing naughty! - Nothing showing lewd scenes, especially the genitalia of men/women/gaijilla. Those will be swiftly removed!
  • Must be yours - The screenshot must be yours, not something you've found on the internet and claim to be yours.
  • No spamming - Please have a buffer between photos posted. 1-2 max per post, please, as War Thunder screenshots can be massive in size.
  • No arguing - Please do not argue over why "This is bad" or "That is bad". Flame wars are against the rules, found here.
  • No skins No using a skin unless it's blank. If it's a historical/semi-historical skin it does not count.

Don't feel ashamed of your decals if it's just a giant flag on your tank/plane, something semi-historical, or even historical! The screenshot can be taken in the hangar, in a battle, or in a Custom Battle. Show us your imagination!

If you do not know how to take a screenshot, here is a Reddit post showcasing the procedure.

This section will be moderated, so choose what you post wisely

• Upvote 2

Behold, my Germanized Television!
Since our Snail Lords have taken away the normal Balkenkreuz for non-German vehicles, I used the aircraft kill markings and then used the 20th Panzer Divsion decal to blend the hull paint over the markings that didn't go on the turret.
I then set the camo condition to very low to lessen the contrast between the hull and decals. Believe it or not, this has fooled people in RB.

20170321125647_1.jpg

This is my MiG-15 :D Its not the fastest of jets or the best looking but when she needs to get things done she does it without a doubt!

Screen Shot 2017-04-11 at 10.26.28 PM.png

Edited by Sleet
  • Upvote 1

This is my Hunter. It is my favorite jet aircraft in-game currently, and gets the job done while looking good doing it. I have very simple decals, just enough to keep it looking great.

shot 2017.04.12 16.22.04.jpg

• Upvote 2

Tried to go for a more...historical look on the Halifax, this bomber has always been very reliable, capable of doing just about anything you ask it to. So these decal placements make it look like a fitting placement for such a loyal plane!

berlin express.PNG

• Upvote 1

My M4A1 (76) W, in other words my new baby! I used a couple hidden decals, one being an emblem for Japan and the other being the USMC from the M3A1 USMC Stuart. I do this to most of my Shermans now, mostly because it looks really good in my opinion. You can also see my teddy and StG-44. :good:

shot 2017.04.20 09.30.25.jpg

Happy flying! :glasses:

~Keebird

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.